Saturday, July 23

The Truth Hurts

Banjo Lesson #11 Flailing the Hands

In order to play really really fast, you have to master the correct way to frail by using your hand to literally claw at the banjo strings which feels as out of control as it sounds.  After all this time I have still not mastered this technique.  So each lesson we spend some time practicing different strategies, 
  1. Waving bye-bye like toddlers do.
  2. Winding the wrist back and letting it fall on the banjo.
  3. Flailing my right hand as if I have more than a few loose screws...I tell my teacher, I am going to be doing this all the time now.
"I can tell people they can't make fun of me because I'm actually learning how to play the banjo."
My teacher says, "No, after you tell them that, then they will make fun of you."

1 comment: