Monday, December 2

Bad Haircut

It's one of those things I don't care much about, but I probably should. I might be caring a little bit more now, as I'm noticing a difference between "good" haircuts and "bad" haircuts.

For a little history, my mom or my brother cut my hair for FREE growing up. So you mistakenly believe, "This is an easy skill and I shouldn't have to pay someone a lot to fix it for me."
After mom and bro got too busy and I needed a haircut, I just pulled in to the nearest place with a "walk-ins welcome" sign.  It ended with mixed results, sometimes I got a good haircut and sometimes I got a bad haircut. Whether or not I brought in a picture, whether or not I said, "I trust you, just have fun with those SCISSORS!"

 Though, I noticed a trend, when asked and I mentioned my job as an educator. I found out a LOT of people have opinions about education. So much so, that they spent most of their time on their soapbox...Several times I wanted to interrupt and mention, "I'm concerned that we are distracted from the task at hand...My haircut."  I ALWAYS had a bad haircut at the end. 

I have a new plan now, when asked about my occupation, "I'm an accountant." 


No comments:

Post a Comment