Tuesday, January 21

Online Dating Woes from a Veteran

The following includes excerpts from a conversation with a friend sharing her experiences with online dating.

"There are sooo many guys I can't keep them all straight," - Veteran

"Was it the same guy all 3 dates this week or over a long period of time or 3 different guys?" - Interviewer

"Yes!" - Veteran

"I couldn't remember his name, so before I went on the date, I was like, 'Eric, Eric, Eric...' " - Veteran

"I don't know what to do. I prefer talking on the phone or on person because I can't spell well and it's hard for me to get it all in an e-mail." - Eric

"I took that as I can't form a complete sentence...In an e-mail or ever." - Veteran

"He mentioned liking classical music and I thought some of my family likes classical music and they're not crazy... Well, they are actually." - Veteran

"All of his answers to my questions were like, 'Yeah,' 'Hey,' or 'No.' "  -Veteran

"He was really soft spoken. I can be a great cheerleader. Half the time, I couldn't understand what he was saying. I felt like I did a lot of hand-holding," -Veteran

"Anytime I tried to tell a story he would not have any idea what I was talking about or not respond at all," - Veteran

"What do you do like to do? Hang out at the Plaza?" - Veteran

"No," - Eric

"Well, sometimes my parents and I go eat dinner, a lot of times I hang out with my family...Well, I have 1 friend," - Eric

"I discovered I am not a hermit. It was reassuring," - Veteran

"He's 31 years old, lives with his parents not because he has too, he drives a nice SUV," - Veteran

"He told me that his sister just had a baby shower, but he couldn't remember the baby's name," - Veteran

"I'm confused.  Either I'm picking guys that are just nice, but not so nice that you want to see them again, or maybe I'm confusing politeness with niceness," - Veteran

*******                                                            ***********                                          ***********

"There's this one guy I like but I can't remember his name...I can tell you all about his face." - Veteran

"Let's just call him Dave & Buster Date. The one you liked," -Interviewer

"That's what I've been calling him, because it's easier than remembering his real name!" - Veteran

"I have learned a lot about myself through all this. I am social, I like myself and I am a lot cooler than I thought I was," - Veteran

No comments:

Post a Comment